USN advises that all members of the Armed Forces use only products tested through the HFL screening program, as they have a vocation in which drug-testing will occur. Unlike other testing done by other supplement companies, this type of screening is batch specific and means that when you are signed up for a Tested Products account that you can then buy with added confidence that YOUR products are from a batch we can guarantee has been tested.
HFL Sport Science is an internationally recognised and accredited laboratory providing high quality testing for athlete healthcare and nutritional supplements. Their aim is to give members of the Armed Forces, along with athletes, coaches, and national federation’s confidence in supplement manufacturers and suppliers, and to provide analytical services relating to biomarkers of fitness and nutritional health. HFL’s Informed Sport Programme is recommended as a process for teams and athletes by certain International Sporting Federations and UKAD (United Kingdom Anti-Doping) and uses internationally recognised standards in their testing processes.
It must also be noted that the Prohibited List is not defined by a ‘number’ of substances prohibited but is an indefinite list as it states that ‘any other substance with similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s)’ is also prohibited. The Prohibited List also states that any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (i.e. drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued) is prohibited at all times.
USN take the following steps to minimise the risk for all members of the armed forces:
- Raw ingredients are being sourced from reputable suppliers and a certificate of analysis issued on every batch.
- Final products are not manufactured by USN but by pharmaceutical laboratories who are HACCP – ISO 22000- GMP registered. USN’s Research and Development team also conducts internal audits at the manufacturing sites to ensure a highly professional and clean environment.
- USN conducts a high number of lab tests on final products to ensure labelling is 100% correct.
- USN uses a 3rd party to do all warehousing and logistics. USN’s operational partner specialises in logistics and products are kept at the correct temperature, handling is limited to the bare minimum and transport is via safe and secure vehicles.
- USN also employs specialists in the field of anti-doping, nutrition, sport science, quality control and research.
- From manufacturing to the end customer there is an auditable chain-of-custody.
- As a final safety net, especially for professional athletes, products are sent to HFL in the UK to undergo final screening against the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List.
To sign up and have the ability to buy products tested in line with WADA Regulations, sign up on our Tested Products page.